Our Healthy and Fit Family


Sunday, March 21, 2010

Yum! Chicken in the Crock-Pot

So I can't take ownership of this one -- my brilliant mother gave me the recipe, but MAN OH MAN it was good!
Take a chicken, put 1/2 lemon, 1/2 onion, and some garlic cloves inside the gut. Chuck it in the crock pot and let it cook...I admit, I cooked mine too long (it doesn't get dry, it just falls apart!) 7:30 am til 4 pm...8 1/2 hours on low...too long...but just as delicious! I poured some white wine in there too, just for kicks (a tiny bit, because the juices come out of the chicken) I ate the chicken tonight with a bit of the juice on top, sauteed spinach, brown rice, and black beans....quite a tasty meal, if I do say so myself....just thought I would share.

On another two positive notes, I finished my 6 miles - it took me 90 minutes - 90 minutes on the treadmill...are you freakin serious? too much...anyway...the other positive not was that Kieran went to sleep tonight by himself and without crying....that's a big deal...

On a negative note, I didn't feel so well after my jog/walking.....

Getting back in shape hurts sometimes....ok, who am I kidding? All the time!

Hopefully tomorrow I'll post a weight loss.....

1 comment:

  1. E good work on the six miles! It sometimes hurts after long runs, but it is always better knowing that you did it rather then not!

    I am totally gonna try that chicken!

    ReplyDelete