I apologize to everyone for not keeping up with my blogging. I have gotten way off track. E and my mom told me that even if I am not dong well, i still need to blog about it, people want to know they aren't the only one with failures once in a while.
FYI - I read back and commented on some of the march blogs (not sure if they will be looked at), but you all should know that you are doing awesome and I am very proud of you! It is so neat to read your journeys.
With that said I had a rough day yesterday, knowing that I am not meeting my goal and I will need to set the current goal off and make a new fitness goal for now.
A couple of weeks ago my Right knee (and Left a little) was bugging me big time. Steve told me is was that my hamstrings and calves were so tight and told me stretches, but also told me to take it easy for a while. Well that weekend was suppose to be my 14 mile run.
Then I went to New Orleans for a week and my body just felt way off (be it the car ride or just cause I was coming down with something). So that week got scratched.
The next week I was sick with i think the stomach flu cause I literally couldn't eat or drink for two days. There went my 16 mile long run week.
So last weekend (I was working all weekend long), I was suppose to run 18 miles. I knew better then to even try cause I would hurt myself.
So I called in my confessions to my sisters and mother, that I just couldn't do it any more. I decided to revamp my goal to the half marathon in indi and maybe sign up for a different marathon. Very upsetting, but necessary I guess.
Meanwhile, it is very hard for me to eat healthy. Hiep likes eating everything, and when I am not working we eat together. We do eat healthy sometimes, but others not so much. Anyways, how do you guys do it????
In conclusion, I very much admire what you all are doing. I will try to get back on track. I ran 8 miles on the treadmill yesterday, didn't feel tired, but still felt like quitting. Okay adjusting attitude now.
Mary, it's nice to hear that you are human. Really, I mean that in the most lovingly sister way...I see you as a "super human athlete who always eats the right food, exercises constantly, and has a good attitude about EVERYTHING!" And, about 98 % of the time, you DO! So, if you are having a 2 % time lately it's just to remind your older sister that you are a super human that is sometimes a normal human too. It does kinda work out that you will not do the full marathon, because Dana can't either! Your knees have been through hell and back, and because you are so strong they keep up the work...I'm sure they will be happy (your knees, I mean) for you backing off a bit! :) Welcome back, it's great to see you on the blog, and keep up the good work --- hey, 8 miles is WAY ahead of the game for the 1/2 marathon!!!
ReplyDeletehi it's elena i was exploring this blog thing whatever it is well i started typing!!!!!!;)bye!:)mwa ha ha ha see ya
ReplyDeleteFav, Do not push yourself too hard. I know it is hard for you to even imagine being old but - take it from me any injury site will eventuslly develop arthritis - my left knee is what they term "bone on bone" it is livable but if it can be avoided it is a good thing. Just take it easy!!!! L&K, Nana
ReplyDelete