First, in reply to my Mom. Don't worry - I cut out the caffeine and back to running in the afternoon (4 Miles Mon, 3 Miles today) and no discomfort at all. I really think it is caffeine related and it is not a lot of pain just a "feeling".
Well, yesterday and today I tried to calibrate my Ipod Nike+ sensor so that I can tell how long and at what pace I'm running. I have a lot of trouble hitting the buttons correctly. One little touch and the whole screen makes big changes!!! I'm getting used to it. A tech. support person on the nike website said it was best to calibrate it using a known distance (one mile no less & no more) like at a track (not a treadmill because one's stride is shorter on the treadmill). So I tried to do it at the track today....3 times and I still did not hit the buttons correctly. I experimented by walking and calibrating the Ipod. I walked once around the track and calibrated it. My pace at walking without exertion was at 16min/mile. So if I remember, the Mini Indi website said that one's pace had to be above an 18 min/mile. SO DON'T WORRY - WE CAN DO THIS!!!! Either by running and walking, or running/jogging the whole thing or walking the whole thing. I'm sure we can all do this. Carroll the van will not pick us up!!! I'm sure just the thought of the van will keep us moving on May 8, 2010!!!
I'm going to try to hit the correct buttons tomorrow as I run a mile. Today I stopped in between each mile to try to hit the correct buttons. Does it matter that the mileage for the day was not a solid run??? Carroll also asked me this same question over the weekend. I only had to do 2 miles today but was determined to try to get the calibration on the Ipod completed successfully but on the third time when I finished and it did not set I had to give up!!! Thank goodness...."There's always tomorrow for...." Happy Questing!!!
P.S. I have called Jean several times over the weekend and no response? Anybody hear from her???
Okay... I have not fallen off the face of the earth but it sure seems like it!!! I am sorry I have been SO OUT Of TOUCH!!!! I am struggling with working and being a mom!!! and I am hardly ever on the computer...but if I am really honest with all of you, which i guess that is what this and family is for.... the first week I lost 4 pounds and was feeling great and it has been downhill from there and I have been way too embarrassed to report my failure to you all. I can't seem to ever find any time to do any exercise which is what I know i need. I get up at 5am (and I am not really willing to get up before that..) and get myself ready, wake the girls at 6am and we leave by 7am ... teach all day....we leave school at about 4:30 if it is not a dance day....and it is home to make dinner, dishes, laundry, lesson plans, correcting papers and homework and projects of the girls. Terry is sometimes home by 6 or 6:30 but sometimes has to go back to see if a miracle has occurred and money has fallen out of the sky into the company's lap!!! After dinner I clean up or terry does and i have tons of school work to do and I force myself to go to sleep by 9:30 or 10 the latest so I can get up at 5am .... I don't know when i can make time to get my fat but out there to move!!! I know these are excuses but I am really struggling here. I know from when I did run last year I did enjoy it and I needed to be outside...not on a tred mill or running in circles..... We paid for a gym membership in August and I have not been there since I went back to work!!! AGHHHHHH!!!
ReplyDeleteAlright, i need to make some changes that is for sure.... obviously not having the commitment of the 1/2 marathon in front of me has made me less motivated so maybe i need to pretend... i can do that!!!
Also I need to respond to Elizabeth for a minute about feeding Kieran food.....do NOT let all the other mom's and doctors pressure you... I now I did not start any of the girls on anything except breast milk before 6 months. I started very slowly with organic cereal mixed only with breast milk and then eventually rice milk. I am pretty sure you start with vegies first, orange ones...carrots, sweet potatoes, squash....if you start with fruit first they get used to the sweet flavor and are a little picky with the veggies..... i tried to make my own stuff for a while and yes i did freeze a little you and freeze in ice cube trays... but eventually i used coupons and bought the organic baby for. i can't think of the name right now but it will come to me....maybe earth's best.....you will know what he can handle.... I think i am recalling that correctly...but when he can sit up sounds like a good time to start.....(and no solid food until there are some teeth in that mouth...which if he takes after the Fanelli children,,,could be a while!!!)
okay as far as my weight goals and exercises, as i said i am at square one.... so if you will let me back in the club, i will try my best to figure something out.... i gave up sugar and white flour for lent and that helped until i cheated!!! God forgive me!!!
I promise to check in more often and try to move my 'arrs' a little this week... i don't know when but I will try.... My partner is calling to go over plans and tests...that is part of my problem ...boy she is a draining person...she sucks the life out of me!!!! She has been very helpful this year but I feel suffocated sometimes!!!
Okay enough complaining... i need to go work but I read almost all of your old post and I want you to know... YOU are ALL amazing!!! I love you, your prodigal sister, aunt and daughter.....Jeannie
BTW... it is dance competition season so you haven't been able to reach me on the weekends because we have been at dance competitions from friday thru sudnay ....one more weekend and then that is over!!!! sorry for all my typos.... i just reread my post and they are terrible, but i think you can get the gist!!!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back Jean!!! Great to hear from you - we understand you are very, very busy....Summer will be here soon!!! You are doing an awesome job - juggling all that you have to do. Great advise for Elizabeth. Miss you all. Love, hugs and kisses.
ReplyDeleteMia, thank you for your post. Jean, thank you for your comments! Mia - I am uplifted to hear that WE CAN DO IT! I am sooo glad that I will have someone to jog with! Jean, welcome back, it's great to see you, and I really admire you for all that you balance, honestly, I don't know how you do it!! Or any of you, for that matter! I'm just trying to figure this all out! Mia's right, summer will be here soon, and that's why working at a school is so awesome, summer!! Thank you for the food advice - I am feeling much more confident about waiting now. Ok, someone is coming to fix my washer/dryer, I must run. I love you all!
ReplyDelete