Our Healthy and Fit Family


Saturday, March 27, 2010

Mia's Weekend Run In the Sun

I can't believe now I'm supposed to be in the sun without sunscreen!!! I'm still battling possible facial skin cancer!!! I ran today in the sun with no sunscreen. At least I think I ran...my legs say I ran at least 6 miles!!! My Ipod was recording the run and when I stopped I hit the correct button but then lost the data!!!!!!!! I'm so mad about it. Now, it looks like I did not even run!!!!! I wanted to compare this weekends run data with last weekends data. Any pointers on how to use an Ipod!!!! I ran my "Turkey Run" and then over to the track for 3 miles. So I may have gone a little over 6 miles. Mark and the girls were at the tennis courts next to the track while I was running/jogging. I was checking my Ipod during my run and it was saying I was doing about 13.50 min/mile. It took me about an hour and a half. After the run/jog and tennis we went out for dinner and sat for 2 hours plus the 40 min drive there and back. My legs were stiff and now they still are and achy. I have to stretch, stretch, stretch. Overall the run (even on the hilly road) was easier than the first 6 miles I did last weekend so I'm happy.

Elizabeth, what are you worried about...in your last blog you said you did 6 miles on the treadmill in 1.5 hours. Same as me so what do you mean "keep up"? You are doing great!!! And Carroll is worried about not running the whole 13 miles. Well, I'm not sure I can either...REMEMBER.... Quest To Be Our Best...Whatever that is, it is!

Went out for dinner and because the portions were fancy restuarant size I may have not done too bad!!! I'll see. Hope all your weekend events were successful.

1 comment:

  1. Mia! Great job! I can't believe you did another 6 miles! WOO HOO! Good luck at WW tomorrow! Sounds like you will have a winning number!

    ReplyDelete