Our Healthy and Fit Family


Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ipod Queen????

I have to tell you, when we first started wogging walking/jogging... trying to run... in NC last June I thought I would never get used to running with something in my ears!!! I did think it was so cool the way Terry could track her runs. But trying to move with things in the ears and a tiny device that I could not control was just bothersome. Well, that was then and this is now!!! I still think the Ipod and the Nike+ sensor is so cool and I love the way it keeps track of all your runs and times/pace. However, I calibrated mine again tonight and I believe it is still off about 100 meters or .25 of a mile. And I can't calibrate it and record the run at the same time (which I had hoped I did tonight). I ran two miles with a short walk pause in between to calibrate the Ipod. The Ipod said it calibrated the first mile but on the second mile it was still off and neither mile got recorded in my history so it looks like I did not run today...Oh Well!!!

But I do enjoy running to the Gypsy Kings!!! That is all I listen to - it is fast and has a driving rhythmic beat. I don't think much about serious stuff when I run (I just concentrate on running or say a prayer or think about...how do I feel, how much longer, what is the next hill, how many more laps, how many laps will I walk afterwards, what will I do later in the day, what is the next meal...) so listening to the lyrics in Spanish is great because I just listen to the sound and harmony and rhythm. Some songs make me run faster to the beat of the song!!!

But today my left hip bothered me again. I think my spine/hip goes out of alignment when I get my period. Carroll remember you examined me and found this to be true. Steve S. gave me stretches to do and so I shall. Good Night.

3 comments:

  1. nice job mia! and i am also an ipod addict, but i don't have the nike thing....very cool! it's hard when you have chronic pain like hip pain - i hope it works itself out and i hope the stretches help!! i'm sorry i can't help you with the calibration - all i can say is that you probably used a longer stride on your second mile --- maybe you want to do a mile, then calibrate the second mile? i don't know...i've never done it - i would maybe call the support number?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am with E. I have no idea how it works, but is still pretty cool how it talks to you and all! Music makes a huge difference gets your mind off "how much longer?!?" and allows you to enjoy your run and surroundings.
    Can we use music for the race???
    I hope your hip feels better. Don't push it. We got a race coming up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i knew you would love the music...can't help with the ipod thing...but enjoy getting lost in the rhythm and music and I bet your runs will seem easier and shorter

    ReplyDelete