Our Healthy and Fit Family


Sunday, March 14, 2010

Overall, my run was better than my last weekend run. I did my 3 mile "Turkey Run" and then 2 miles around the track. The hills on the road are still difficult but not as much. But I did feel a bit discomfort in my chest like I have before but I think now that it is either from running right after coffee or just feeling a bit short winded. I have been feeling no pain since I started this quest so I'm not too concerned and this time the feeling was much less - but I'll keep monitoring it. At the start of my run my left hip was bothering me but at the end and now it is fine. I keep doing leg lifts to click it back into alignment - Carroll is that O.K?? While running I felt the wind wipe around once or twice - and I thought of Elizabeth - it does make the running more difficult!!! When I started the run I had my new Nike+ foot sensor on and I started the Ipod to calculate my run. But I did not know how to get the music and I did not want to mess up the program that was started. I need to do some test runs (short) to calibrate the Ipod and learn it better. But today was my 5 mile run and I did not want to be stopping and fussing with the Ipod while running. So I ran with no music and enjoyed the sound of the wind in the trees and the cracking of the trees over my head. Many trees were down from the storm on Saturday and I was afraid one would come down on me!!! My friend met me at the track for my last 2 miles and so did a light dizzling rain. Since, at home, we were still out of water from no electricity I called to ask if I could use her shower after my run and so she decided to join me on the track. When I got to her house I called home to check in and Mark told me that our neighbor, an electrician, had fixed our detached wire from the house and we now had all power and the water pump was almost restarted. But while at my friends house she showed me how to hook up her Ipod to Itunes.com and look at her running log on the Nike+ program. We also found a 1/2 marathon / 5K race in Danbury CT and we may sign up for the 5K. It is on a Sunday, April 11, we are supposed to do a 5K sooner on the training schedule but I may just do it to do it and to donate $$ for the cause (some local charity). Before, I wrote this blog I was trying to download my run from my Ipod to the computer but I'm having trouble registering and signing onto the webpage/program!!! I tried and tried, fell asleep at the computer, tried again and gave up!!! I'll call the support phone number tomorrow. By the way my Ipod says...I'm just figuring out how to read it now on the Ipod... I'm back....It says I went 6.45 miles in an hour and 12 minutes and at a 11'12''pace?!?!?! I know I went more than 5 miles because I have to run from the end of the "Turkey Run" to the track and then remember that I run the track by using all the lanes to count so it was over 5 miles but I did not think that much? I'll try to calibrate it tomorrow. Sorry, my blogs are long. Good Night!!!

3 comments:

  1. Mia, congratulations! Sounds like you did more than 5 miles, which will make you TOTALLY ready for next week's run of 6 miles! Way to Go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know me, Mia . You should know that I would worry about the chest pain. Just watch it and be aware - watch the coffee! You are doing a great job!! L&K, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work Mia! Do you ever use mapmyrun.com? Sometimes if you want to figure out milage that website is nice. That way you can compare it to see if the nike shoe insert is working. Let me know if you get it figured out!

    ReplyDelete