Our Healthy and Fit Family


Saturday, March 13, 2010

Finally I think I might be blogging

I am still not sure but I may be blogging to someone other than myself!! However as I thought about it I really need to be my own kicker in the asser and confessor to myself so maybe I was on the right track!! Boy Mia has the patience of Jobe with me and my computer skills. So I hurt my Tae Kwon Do knee this past weekend skiing the bumps with the same darn woman that egged me on last year to do bumps on the very same weekend and then proceeded to fall on my left knee. Anyway Meg has been adjustin me and told me to take it easy this week so I did and tonight I ran 4.1 my knee ached at times so I fast walked. It took me about an hour. Boy I sure do have some work to do....to quest to be my best !! My lungs and heart and ass felt good though....Thank you all for your inspiration....love Carroll. the wii says I have reached one of my goals and lost 11 pounds but I will get on the real scale soon....

3 comments:

  1. Carroll! YOU DID IT!! Congrats on making it into the blog! and Congrats on 4.1 miles! That's awesome! Careful with that knee! Good thing you know a few chiropractors! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!! YOU DID IT!!! Now who is going to be reading your other blog-it will be lonely! Did Elizabeth help you? Congrats on your run!!! You have it in you - you have more inner power (key - is that the japanese word?) than anyone I know (besides Elizabeth). I know I have seen you in stressful times before - I can recall one or two experiences we have had. Great job!!! I'm still concerned about doing my 5 mile run tomorrow. It is not like I can say - no big deal it is just 5 miles - rather it is 5 miles and not easy to get it going!!! As I read your blog and Elizabeth's I wish I ran today and I could now write and say I did it. But it rained a lot today - after my errands that took forever I did come home and begin some paper work but that never gets finished, there is always more!!! Then, after an hour of smelling the duck Mark was preparing for dinner in the oven the smell faded. In short we have lost oven, stove, and microwave power. The refrig is on low power if any and the water pressure is very low at this hour (1 am). We still have lights and in the morning will assess the situation further. After a late dinner (of course) (duck finished on the grill and al dente rice 1/2 cooked in the neighbor's micowave)I watched a movie with Joanne. I will sleep in tomorrow (I don't worry about the daylight savings) and run in the late morning. I may have to go to the gym to run (if the rain is too much) and maybe to shower if we have little power. If I don't get to the gym before it closes at 3pm I'll be going to 5pm mass very, very smelly!!! What a day for everyone....WHAT A QUEST!!! GOD BLESS EVERYONE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mia, You are terrific! If you can handle all those "inconveniences" you will have no trouble with completing "your quest". I get so cranky if the elec goes out even for an hour - not to mention the water situation. Keep working! LOve you, Mom

    ReplyDelete