Our Healthy and Fit Family


Sunday, March 21, 2010

Here I am!!!!

Hello Everyone!!! Thanks to MOM/Nana teaching me, I have finally figured out how to write one of these things!!!! I am pasting what I wrote in response to the search for me here... if you read it already then don't bother reading it again!!! I still haven't gotten out to exericse. Jessica had a dance competition this weekend...the last one...so maybe this week I will get out and move...I know I won't be doing any 6 miles but maybe I could start with 3???? Here is my first post......

Okay... I have not fallen off the face of the earth but it sure seems like it!!! I am sorry I have been SO OUT Of TOUCH!!!! I am struggling with working and being a mom!!! and I am hardly ever on the computer...but if I am really honest with all of you, which i guess that is what this and family is for.... the first week I lost 4 pounds and was feeling great and it has been downhill from there and I have been way too embarrassed to report my failure to you all. I can't seem to ever find any time to do any exercise which is what I know i need. I get up at 5am (and I am not really willing to get up before that..) and get myself ready, wake the girls at 6am and we leave by 7am ... teach all day....we leave school at about 4:30 if it is not a dance day....and it is home to make dinner, dishes, laundry, lesson plans, correcting papers and homework and projects of the girls. Terry is sometimes home by 6 or 6:30 but sometimes has to go back to see if a miracle has occurred and money has fallen out of the sky into the company's lap!!! After dinner I clean up or terry does and i have tons of school work to do and I force myself to go to sleep by 9:30 or 10 the latest so I can get up at 5am .... I don't know when i can make time to get my fat but out there to move!!! I know these are excuses but I am really struggling here. I know from when I did run last year I did enjoy it and I needed to be outside...not on a tred mill or running in circles..... We paid for a gym membership in August and I have not been there since I went back to work!!! AGHHHHHH!!!
Alright, i need to make some changes that is for sure.... obviously not having the commitment of the 1/2 marathon in front of me has made me less motivated so maybe i need to pretend... i can do that!!!
Also I need to respond to Elizabeth for a minute about feeding Kieran food.....do NOT let all the other mom's and doctors pressure you... I now I did not start any of the girls on anything except breast milk before 6 months. I started very slowly with organic cereal mixed only with breast milk and then eventually rice milk. I am pretty sure you start with vegies first, orange ones...carrots, sweet potatoes, squash....if you start with fruit first they get used to the sweet flavor and are a little picky with the veggies..... i tried to make my own stuff for a while and yes i did freeze a little you and freeze in ice cube trays... but eventually i used coupons and bought the organic baby for. i can't think of the name right now but it will come to me....maybe earth's best.....you will know what he can handle.... I think i am recalling that correctly...but when he can sit up sounds like a good time to start.....(and no solid food until there are some teeth in that mouth...which if he takes after the Fanelli children,,,could be a while!!!)
okay as far as my weight goals and exercises, as i said i am at square one.... so if you will let me back in the club, i will try my best to figure something out.... i gave up sugar and white flour for lent and that helped until i cheated!!! God forgive me!!!
I promise to check in more often and try to move my 'arrs' a little this week... i don't know when but I will try.... My partner is calling to go over plans and tests...that is part of my problem ...boy she is a draining person...she sucks the life out of me!!!! She has been very helpful this year but I feel suffocated sometimes!!!

Okay enough complaining... i need to go work but I read almost all of your old post and I want you to know... YOU are ALL amazing!!! I love you, your prodigal sister, aunt and daughter.....Jeannie

2 comments:

  1. Jeannie, welcome back to posting! I commented on your post on a previous page, but I just wanted to say that starting with 3 miles is huge! One mile is a good start - so whatever you can do, making time for yourself is a big accomplishment in itself!!! Hope to see you soon (on the blog and in person!)
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jeanie! Good to see you on!
    Your schedule does sound a little packed tight. It is quite amazing that you fit that much in already. Like e said, 3 miles is amazing. Even if you can take like 15 min out of your day and do one mile once in a while. It always makes you feel better and def relieves some stress. Anyways, thinking about you and your amazing self! Love you!

    ReplyDelete