Our Healthy and Fit Family


Thursday, March 18, 2010

Mia's WW Day - I'M DOING IT!!!

I"M DOING IT - I have never come this far in WW before - the exercise is a great motivator!!! Lost 3 lbs today. O.K. honestly, I did not have much lunch because I was busy at work. I just had a little salad. Because of the very salty corn beef the night before I made sure I drank extra water last night and this morning (so that may have helped). And I'm mid-cycle and feeling extra heavy in my breast. I thought I had lost 2 lbs and was surprised to hear about the third. I'll try extra hard this coming week to make it a true 3 pound loss for good. I came home and cut 1/3 of my chicken breast off to save for another day and measured out the whole wheat pasta Mark was serving. In the past I would have eaten the entire big breast and had two unmeasured helpings of pasta. Even though I was satisfied when I finished dinner; while putting the food away later I only had 2 small fork twirls of pasta (some bad habits are hard to quit but at least they are diminishing!!!)

Running 6 miles! - First I have to run 4 tomorrow. I'm not used to running so much. I only get comfortable after 2 miles. New Fairfield, should have great weather all weekend. Tomorrow I'll run 4 miles - I'll do my "Turkey Run" and one track mile. That way, I'll count running the hills the strength training part of the day. I usually never do the strength training with the running like on Hal's schedule. Saturday I'm going to a nursing seminar in NJ so I'll do my 6 mile run on Sunday. The 6 mile run -since it is the most I've done, I'm planning on doing it all on the nice level, soft track. I know you all think it is boring but to me it is safe, familiar, and doable. I'll run lanes 1-6, then 6-1, then 1-6 and finally 6-1. This past Wednesday I did my body pump class and lifted more weights and at the end of the class I actually could do a "plank". That is being in a push up position and moving your legs on and off a step. Could not even attempt that in January!! After the class I did one mile at the track to calibrate my Ipod - I think I did it but the mile did not get registered in the Ipod as a workout because I did not hit all the correct buttons....so I'm still figuring it out!!!

Now...If any of my Sherman/Krotzer relatives will be around and willing to put me up...I'm getting psyched and ready for my second Al's Run (on 10/9/2010) so I can improve my time for that coarse!!! I took the week after Columbus day off because I just like to take a week in Oct to get things done around the house after the summer. Well, today a friend at work asked me to change that week to the week before so that she could have the week after Columbus day. I checked to calendar and Al's Run Website. The week of Oct. 3-9, 2010 would be better for me to have off so that I would have no conflicts with work to fly out to Wisconsin on Fri and I'll have Monday off because it is a work holiday. Perfect!!! So - I'm ready for that run!!!

Thanks Elizabeth for the encouragement!!!

3 comments:

  1. Mia, That's great!! For me the greatest part of your blog was the part about your eating - the understanding of your Food choices (cutting the amt of chicken - pasta, and compensating for the salty corned beef with the added water.) I certainly agree that old habits are hard to quit - but you are now acknowledging them!! that's a big step!! Be careful on your run and trip to NJ L&K, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet!!!! Al's Run again!!! Sounds good! If I live in Milwaukee next year, you are welcome to stay at my place (AKA...my parents place!)

    You are doing amazing keep up the good work Mia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sooo impressed! 3 pounds!! WOW! That's BIGGEST LOSER type weight loss for a week! AWESOME! I also have that SAME bad habit of having a few spoon fulls as I am putting stuff away! ha ha ha...kinda funny! I'm going to run the 6 miles tomorrow - so I will say a prayer for both of us tonight!! And YES for Al's Run! Because this year I'm going to actually jog! (and hopefully not have to stop to pee in the middle like I did this past year...ha ha ha!)

    ReplyDelete