Our Healthy and Fit Family


Saturday, May 15, 2010

Back On (the) "Track" - sort of

Literally, this morning my friend and I planned to go running on the track. She originally said around 8am - 8:30am but my phone rang at 7am and she was on her way to the track. I met her there eventually. I ran a lap with her and walked the rest of her workout (to catch up and talk). She had to go home. As she left I told her I was not motivated - that I could have stayed home and slept!

.........I ran 5 miles on Saturday on the track. I'm not sure how this will turn out...I started to blog on Saturday night but fell asleep (after a 10 mile bike ride with Mark, Joanne, Elena, & a friend of the girls (Maria) and then a bon fire with the neighbors). I did start to track my intake on Saturday but did not track the dinner I had at the bon fire (hotdogs).

It is now Monday, I ran my "Turkey Run" for 3.3 miles...felt good overall. But after a week of not running I feel a bit "out of it". I started to track my food again this morning but then had some things for dinner that I'm not sure how to track so I did not (a salad with some curried beans and cole slaw, soup with quinoa mixed in so I don't know how much, and some crackers with cream cheese - did not count or measure).

So I am back on the track but I need to improve my tracking - which I will!!! I had blood work done on Friday. For loosing 20+ pounds my lipid profile improved but my glucose was still up there and one liver enzyme a bit higher (my meds). So I must continue to "release" because the numbers are not where I would like them.

How many miles are you all running per week? I would like to do about 15 but I also want to bike and weight lift and I need to get more done at home sooo.....

Oh...I found Muscle Milk in my local store!!! Bought 2 bottles and saving it for after my long runs on Saturdays

Elizabeth, Carroll knows best about introducing foods to Keiran. Great news about your pelvic exercises and improvement in running. Thanks, Carroll for your kind words.

Got to go for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment