Our Healthy and Fit Family


Monday, May 10, 2010

Amazing!

Let me just say that everyone did a GREAT job at the mini-marathon!
It was simply amazing!
And now that my body is healed, I can fully appreciate the huge accomplishment!

I remember when my mom and I ran the first half together. I bragged about her to everyone - how she was only able to run for 1 minute intervals at a time and a few months later she was running for 2 1/2 hours! Look at her now! She kicks butt - running in just over 2 hours --- almost as fast as Cristiano ran this time! WOW! And my dad....team without training....just amazing...

Well, now I am doing just as much bragging about my aunts! You two were my inspiration to finish! I have to say...for the last two miles, I was really hurting. My breathing was fine, my legs and body were fine, but my pelvic muscles and bones were killing me. I kept having to stop and walk and stretch...but I didn't want Mia nor Carroll to get out of my sight...I knew if they left my sight, I would simply walk off the course and quit...so I kept them in sight...and as soon as they started to disappear, I would tell my body to get going and catch up....basically as soon as I caught up I would have to walk again...but I didn't lose them! They kept me motivated to finish...I wanted to finish with them soo badly that I kept up just to do it....without them, I wouldn't have been able to finish....they were amazing....

Our next race will include you, Jean. And I'm sure that your sisters will be even faster by then! I am excited for you to join the group and run...Don't worry, I'll be up for whatever pace you do...unless you are too fast...then you'll have to run with my mom...

And Nana, we want you and Papa cheering us on at the end! It was so awesome having everyone there cheering us on at mile 13 when we had just 0.1 left to go! Thanks everyone!!

I took a walk with Salsa and Kieran today and felt pretty good.
I'm back to tracking and eating right.
I do admit it was a nice break for the weekend to eat crappy....every once in a while it is nice to splurge....

Tomorrow I will do some Tae-Bow video - Andrea (jonathan's gfriend) gave me these videos to try out.
I'm also going to watch the DVD about how to strengthen up my pelvic floor!

Next on the list:
MRI of hamstring
and appt. with Obgyn.

Congrats to everyone! What a rush!
My come back run was a success.
And everyone here on this blog made it possible.
thank you.

1 comment:

  1. E you did amazing. To push as much as you did to reach a goal is truely inspiring.

    You are buff.
    Love.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete