Our Healthy and Fit Family


Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I am completely frustrated with my health journey

Here's my update...
I'm so frustrated...
I know I just have to hang in there and take it day by day...
I dont' know what I have told you yet, so some of this may be a repeat...

My weight remains still right around where I was for the race
I just haven't been tracking consistently.
Paul is home so my schedule is off
I need to improve this

Carroll gave me some exercise material when I saw her in may. I started using it. Some of the exercises really strained my back and ended up making me all off when i went to the chiropractor. maybe i was doing them wrong. or maybe i just shouldn't do the exercises with the rotations....anyway....

then I went to a PT for pelvic floor issues. i didn't like her. she told me that the reason that i have pelvic floor issues is because i had a vaginal delivery and she believes that all births should be c-section. then she went on to insult chiropractors. she didn't win any points in my book. she gave me some exercises and told me to return in three weeks.

i did my exercises for three days religiously. on the forth day, i was in the shower, felt uncomfortable like my insides were falling out.

i called my midwife. she gave me other referrals for other PTs since i didn't like mine. she said that i have a "fallen cervix" that doesn't seem to be getting better. she said try PT then if it doesn't work, i'll have to see a uro-gyn? Doesn't sound good. She said that people get surgery to fix this, but there's no guarantee that it will work when i get pregnant again, so it's better to try to strengthen if that's possible.

i stopped doing the exercises for 2 days. my insides went back to how they were feeling before. then i started up the exercises again, and the same thing happened, i felt like my organs were going to fall out.....

i also went to an accupunturist for my achy hamstring...i know, i can't spell very well....so...he seemed great...he is also a chiropractor...he didn't use needles, he used something else...it seemed to help at the beginning of the week. i go again tomorrow.

all in all, i'm frustrated.
i'm still not really working out. my hip aches on and off. sometimes so badly that i have to ice it.
i should be doing arm exercises but i'm just kinda "down" about my whole health right now

fortunately, the rest of my life is great, so i'm not "down" in general....just with my "quest"....

anyway, thanks for listening.

if you have any advice, i'm always up for it.

i love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment