Went out this morning for a run. I asked my friend, Ann if she wanted to run this morning and although she said "yes" yesterday this morning was a different story. I knew that if I did not go in the morning the day was just going to get hotter. And although, I offered to run with Ann, and I did want to, I also wanted to run further (further than last Saturday) than I knew she would do. So I went without her and had a great run for 7.29 miles. The track was most likely closed today...New Fairfield Relay for Life is today (we are going to the track this evening to walk around and see all the excitement and donate some $$ for the Cancer Society).
So I parked my car at Ball Pond Lake and walked up to my "Turkey Run". Did the "Turkey Run" twice and then back down and around Ball Pond. It was not as hot as I thought and a breeze came once in awhile. I was out for 1 hour and 35 minutes but the girls were still asleep and Mark went out to garden. I paused to fix the key on my sneaker lace that was scratching my other ankle and also came to a dead stop to help give directions to a lady who was lost....but my pace was 13'03" as per my Ipod.
An update on the "Biggest Loser" at work: As of Friday, not everyone had weighed in. My co-worker thinks that is not fair and thinks I should weigh in again on Monday. Just in case I do, I am being good this weekend too. Yesterday at the water park (chaperoning Elena's trip) I had a slice of pizza, some fries and fried chicken and wine last night with dinner. But the scale this morning was below what I was last Monday at work so I'm tracking and being good for the rest of the weekend. I'll let you know what happens.
I hope you are all doing well.
very good mommy
ReplyDeletethat was joanne :P
ReplyDeletegreat run! man, i am jealous..i will update now...embarrassing update on my behalf...
ReplyDeleteMia, once again you are doing a terrific job!! You keep me going. I did 14 min on the elip on Friday. I only lost .8 at WW (still had to pay - for a lousy .2) however, I'll keep going!! Love you, Mom
ReplyDelete