Our Healthy and Fit Family


Monday, June 7, 2010

Weigh in Monday - I will not skip again

OK, I faced the scale today. I was scared, but I didn't do that badly.....159...up one pound...
that means I just have to hustle more to lose what I want by August...
BACK ON TRACK

But I did get disappointing news....my chiropractor spoke with me about my MRI and doesn't want me doing any exercise that will stress my lower body for a while (due to my hip issue)....no running, jogging, eliptical, swimming....
I am only allowed to do arm exercises! WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO????? I was pretty bummed out...but after my short jog with my mom over the weekend, my hip is still hurting me...so maybe I better play it safe....

Any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. Dearest Eliz, I know that was sad news to hear about the exercise - but The truth is that although we all think exercise is the way to go (and it is for total health) but weight loss is still a matter of taking in less calories than we use. It just makes it harder to loose when you are not burning the cslories with exercise - but with "counting" it can be done. And it will be better in the long run (pardon the pun) to let your body completely heal - don't do any more damage!
    You can do it and you will! I know, I've been at it for over 60 years - How's that for depressing!!! But I don't mean to be depressing, just want to say that perserverence will win out. We love you - you can do it!!!
    L&K, Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Elizabeth, I think he is right as well and nana is right too but...what about core work and arm strength pilates...doing the excercise ball, weights, and core stuff I think will get the metabolism up... I have laid off really running for a month now due to the irritation to my tae kwon do injured knee of almost 25 years ago that flared up after the race.... I was sooo nervous to go and sooo bummed that it has taken this long. I have been doing strength training and core work and I am three pounds behind my steady one pound a week for 52 weeks since my birthday....so I am recommitting with you I want to make this a lifestyle not an event and I am using nana and Mia for inspiration when the little dark monsters say give up and who cares..... health and longevity is what matters not how we get there...I think!!!! And being thankful for the ability to try again and have a choice to stay healthy... I love you all and am psyched that you are on this journey with me... In..spiriting me.....Carroll Elizabeth when I ran an agonizing 14 minute mile today (stay positive here Carroll) I kept thinking of you running up behind me and inspiring me... you are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto for me. Carroll and Nana said it best!!
    With good tracking one to three pounds will come off in a week or two. I think for the rest of this week and next we should all just concentrate on tracking and not worry about the exercise. See what happens :)

    ReplyDelete