Our Healthy and Fit Family


Thursday, June 17, 2010

Mia's WW Day

Have to admit...I did not track this past week so I thought I would not do it!!! But since I was not tracking, I worried more about what I ate and if I ate something rich I made sure the next meal was less. And after last weekend of not exercising because I was finishing up a work project (my clinical ladder application - a 1.5 inch binder of completed work in nursing in the past year) - I tried to increase my running this week. I ran 1 mile on Tues, almost 3 miles Wed. and 5 miles today. I lost 1.8 pounds at WW. So I am finally below another big number - nope I can't share that although you smart people could figure it out. Had to adjust my daily points target today - down to 23 points - Oh Boy!!!

So I really have to track better. This coming week I'm off because of my nose surgery. I don't think I'll be exercising at all (I'll check with the MD). But I'm sure I will be able to walk later in the week. So I will really concentrate on being better at tracking.

I'm also going to cook some healthy meals. Elizabeth you asked for a recipe...I believe below is a South Beach Diet Recipe.
Sausage sauce over Spaghetti Squash:
3 sweet Italian sausages
3 hot Italian sausages
brown sausage
add can of tomatoes (sauce, or diced or whatever)
cook (I think just simmer until ready to use)
cook spaghetti squash
dish out squash
pour sausage sauce over squash.

I don't use hot Italian sausages (maybe one) but it does give it a good kick. And Joanne and Elena will want regular spaghetti but I may insist that they try it as is first.

P.S. Elizabeth, I too like the new look of the blog and you asked what did I do with the $440.00... celebrated a bit with my co-worker, banked it and will buy new sneakers over the summer or by fall.

2 comments:

  1. Mia, Great job on the loss! You continue to do AWESOME! Thank you for the recipe, I will have to try it --- how do you cook spaghetti squash? I bet I could use chicken sausages to make it a bit more healthy...I just made a big pot of tomato sauce that's pretty healthy...so this sounds like a GREAT dinner for this week! THANKS!! I'm glad you celebrated a bit! And new sneakers are a must!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mia, Nicely done! ..and Dana and I went to Mass this morning to pray for you as well as Connie. Let us know how the surgery goes!
    Keep up the good work. What is super impressive and will be much more long lasting is the way you have obviously learned to re-think your attitude/behavior with regard to food!!!
    You continue to inspire us all! With love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete