Our Healthy and Fit Family


Saturday, June 5, 2010

Fallen Off the Wagon....HELP!

I can not believe that I have been so bad....and because I have been so bad, I have been avoiding the blog in an awful way....I was too embarrassed to admit how badly I have fallen off the wagon! But it's time to get back.....Mia and Nana are my personal trainers!

So, first of all, I have some shout outs:
1. NANA !! 13 MINUTES!! GREAT JOB!! You are awesome.
2. Mia, you are unbelievable, I am just amazed at how you keep motivated and keep up your running!

Ok, here is my story:
I could barely walk after the race. It was totally exciting, but really painful for me on my hips. I got an MRI last week for my hamstring pain (it has been a 4 year mysterious battle that my chiropractor and I are trying to solve). I talked over my MRI with Carroll, Steve, and Jonathan...basically, there are no tears in my hamstring. Carroll suggested that I try acupuncture (Carroll, do you have any advice on how to find someone?) Stevo felt that I have bursitis or whatever on my hip from the run...probably true. I have not talked over my MRI with my chiropractor yet.

I have tried to run a couple times a week - it's not going so well. My hip really hurts every time I go out there, so I haven't done anything longer than 4 miles. Mostly about 2 to 3 mile runs, and not very often. I have been doing some weight lifting / cardio exercises (I do the Biggest Loser Boot Camp DVD, LOVE IT!) But I have not been working out every day (which was my norm before the race, except Sundays, my day of rest). Anyway, the point is, I haven't been working very hard.

And food? I have been AWFUL. I haven't been tracking. I have been eating badly. I made my mom a spice cake with buttercream frosting and whip cream and bananas in the middle layers and I have been eating it all weekend.....all weekend....

Basically, I have to get back on track in a mean way.
I will start tomorrow.
Next time you hear from me, I will be back tracking, I will be exercising more, and I will be in a better place.

Sorry for being so absent, and THANK YOU for keeping with it and kicking me in the butt.
I needed it!!!!!!!!!

I love you all!!!
elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Don't kill yourself!!! You must have been really hurting!!! I only ran three times this past week and I have not been tracking either - that is why I'm surpised at the scale. Anyway, your small runs are good and walking briskly is good too. Look ahead not behind. Did the 13.1 make your pelvis worse? If so build up real slow...you'll get there - no race ahead for months?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh by the way the picture of Keiran is too cute!!! He is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete