Our Healthy and Fit Family


Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Real Runner's HR

So as you know I had surgery on my nose today. I won't share pictures here but check your regular email and see them. The best part of the whole day was that when the nurse (and other nurses lately when I go for the evals) check my vitals my BP is no longer always around the upper 120s over mid 80 to 88 as it had been in the past. But most of all my ... Well the story goes like this... First the nurse said my hand was cold because it would not register on the pulse oximetery then she asked "Are you a runner?" I said: "Well...recently." then I saw my HR at 49 to 50!!! Cool!!! At first it was cool but subconsciously I must have been concerned about it because I was about to have anesthesia and I thought that this is only a recent finding or maybe just a flux for the day (maybe I should have had a cardiac workup!!!). Under anesthesia I asked the docs and nurses in the room 3 times what my heart rate was....I have no recollection of that!!!! Now that is scary!!! I'm fine but my nose is starting to ache a bit now since the lido must be wearing off.


Since I can't run for a week I'll really try to track better this week. To answer some of the previous blogs:

Elizabeth: Cook spaghetti squash: just like the acorn squash... cut in half and steam upside down on a tray with little water on the bottom. Carefully folk out the inside... Let it cool so you don't burn your hand. If it gets cool the hot sauce with meat will make it hotter.

Thanks all for your kind words and we are certainly praying for Connie et al.

1 comment:

  1. WOAH !!!! Mia! that is such a GREAT heart rate! I'm so impressed! I just got mine done the other day and my blood pressure....I think she did my blood pressure wrong because it's NEVER been so low....she said it was 90/60.....that can't be right....and my heart rate was 71, i think, if i remember correctly....anyway, way to go!! I'm going to try the spaghetti squash if i can find some at the store! thanks! only one question....when you fork out the inside, how does it come out?

    ReplyDelete