Our Healthy and Fit Family


Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mia's WW Day - 10% Plus Met, New Goal Set

Boy I missed so, so, many blogs!!! I have gone back and commented on some. I DID IT!!! Finally, after years of not consistant, determined attempts I finally got rid of 10% of my body weight!!! I finally got my 16 weeks charm and key chain from WW. Thanks, Mom and Dad too for my other gift you have been holding onto for years. I promise to keep the weight off forever!!!

Now, what happened was this...I was up this past Monday morning a bit so I was really careful during the week (did I tell you I had 1 sl. of free pizza after my 5K race!!!). But Tuesday night I did go out and have 2 glasses of wine and a healthy dinner of salmon with beans and escarole(sp???) - took some home. I decided to change my workout schedule a bit this week (I rested on Monday but ran Tues, Wed, Thurs - so my weeks running of 14 miles was done before WW). I am behind one mile of running for this week because of a busy schedule and I'm not going to worry about it. Today, I ran 5 miles after work around the hospital grounds in order to get the mileage in and go to WW on time. This morning on my home scale I was down by one pound. So I was thinking maybe I would lose a pound at WW but may not have reached my 10% goal - I was ready for that. I had a busy work day and did not have lunch. I went to Yorktown to weight in and since they are on a lower latitude than Bethel, CT maybe that is why the scale said I lost 5.8 pounds since last Thursday!!! I don't believe 5.8 pounds...but I'm sure it was one or two. So I'll take it and work just as hard and continue to lose more weight. In order to do this I have lowered my Daily Point Target by another point and I must continually track. I have to go to WW one day early next week because we are going away. Thank you Elizabeth for encouraging me to train for the 1/2 marathon and get serious about getting in shape!!!

I have no pictures to show like Elizabeth but.... go to www.capstonephoto.com then click on Stratton Faxon Danbury 1/2 Marathon April 11, 2010 then type in bib# 1162 and Lofgren. I am the only one wearing a fleece vest. My pockets are full of keys and my phone. I am walking with my friend Ann. I was walking her to her finish line after I already finished. Bad pictures of my thighs!!! Still have work to do!!!

3 comments:

  1. wow, Mia! AMAZING!!!! GREAT JOB!! 10 % is AWESOME! I really big deal! I will have to check out the pictures of the race, so fun! We will have pictures taken on our half-marathon as well! I hate when I have to lower my point target...it seems so hard to lose just one point! :) right now I have 12 extra points just for breastfeeding! Thanks Kieran! :) Can't WAIT to see you all!! Soon and very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw the pics! You look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mia you look AMAZING!!! You have truly inspired me!!! SO keep it up and I will try to catch up!!! Love you Jean

    ReplyDelete