I finished my 7 miles today. And almost my whole body hurts.
Yikes.
Yikes.
Yikes.
I did a lot more jogging...but as it turns out...I think I jog about as fast as I walk these days! :)
That's ok...
I walked 5 min, jogged 45 min (3 miles in a row!), walked 5 min, jogged 15 min, walked 5 min, jogged 20 min, then walked the last 8 or so minutes home...
Here are the parts of my body that ache:
1. my lower back (I haven't had back pain in YEARS!)
2. my hip flexors
3. my crotch
4. I'm gonna have to list my back again...cause it hurts!
I just kept saying "put one foot in front of the other"....
ARG
This didn't used to be so hard!!!!!!!!
On another note...funny story about Friday's 4.5 miler...
I came home from my Friday run and told Paul that I think I have reached a big hurdle in my life...
On my way out for my run (4.5 mi) on Friday, I bumped into a guy that worked as a dishwasher at the bar where I used to work. He hadn't seen me in probably over a year. Now, you have to understand first that what he said to me is not offensive in the Mexican culture....so he says...
"wow! estas gordita!" (wow! you're fat!) and then says, "what happened? what are you eating?"
I laughed....it has always cracked me up that it's ok in that culture to call people fat....and I said, well, I just had a baby 4 months ago and I"m going out to work on it! he asked boy or girl and we chatted another minute or so before I got on my way...
In the past, I may have been devastated....but....
I just decided to use that energy and run more than I had ever run since I started this post-prego training.
I ran 1.75 miles in a row, then I walked some, then jogged 1.25 miles....
That's what inspired me to try jogging more today...
But, now that I'm aching...maybe I should have walked a little more....
Oh well.
I finished.
I look forward to hearing your 7 mile stories!!!!!!!!
love you!
Great Job!!! and Great use of that energy!!!
ReplyDeleteNot offensive??? How can that be!!! I'm in the wrong culture!!! If I was in so much pain I don't know if I could keep going!!! Way to go and don't do anything tomorrow but rest and stretch. Can you take motrin or something? I'll remind Carroll to call you tomorrow and talk to you about the exercises she has. Happy Easter!!!
Congrats elaybay!! Way to go. Pretty incredible.
ReplyDeleteIt takes time to feel good again...oh wait maybe running never feels good. But it will start to feel better.
Stretch lots.
Maybe your back hurts from lordosis (oooo Lordy)
HOPPY EASTER SISTER! I WISH I WAS WITH YOU!