Our Healthy and Fit Family


Tuesday, April 20, 2010

No Hills Please!!!

Ran on the Rail Trail that is in Brewster, NY (newer than in Yorktown and they are going to continue it into Danbury). Ran three miles out and 2.5 back and walked the rest. I thought rail trails can't have hills....well they do in NY!!! I came to a big incline going up the bridge/walkway over Rte. 6, I could not believe it when I saw it!!! An older man was walking ahead of me. He was walking. I got his attention when I asked two ladies standing on the side if up the hill was the trail or if the path beside the ramp was actually the trail. I learned the trail went up. The man turned to assist me in answering my question and the next thing I knew he was jogging along side me all the way up. It leveled off and then increased more until it started to decline. That is where he got off the path. We talked all most the whole way up the hill. It was nice, strange but nice. Anyway I hope there really is no hills in Indianapolis.

Elizabeth, I'm not ignoring your question but I have to complete some more work before bed because I have to give a talk tomorrow so I can't be up late. Just wanted to blog my story. Will think about your delimma and get back to you.

2 comments:

  1. I have been promised that there will be NO hills! Training on hills will make the race seem like a cake walk!

    ReplyDelete