Our Healthy and Fit Family


Sunday, April 18, 2010

8 Miles!!! DID IT!!!

Started getting up at 6am to run at 7am but snoozed a bit...I really like to sleep in on the weekends...but...have to get ready for our early run on May 8th!!! Actually it worked out lovely. I did get over to the track/school parking lot around 7am - it was about 42 degrees outside. I ran through the neighborhood of my "Turkey Run" twice (about 5 miles) and then finished 3 miles on the track. A man (most likely younger than I) ran past me on the roads of the "Turkey Run" and he past me several times on the track - so I guess others use my same route!!! I felt fine - almost great (the cup of caffiene may have been a bit much). When I saw the sun shining through the trees and the birds chirping so loudly and hardly any cars or people outside it was beautiful!!! And I did not mind a bit that I had gotten up so early. When I got back Joanne was in bed reading and Elena was still asleep. When I told Joanne and Elena that I ran 8miles Elena said "no you did not"...she did not even notice that I was away from the house. By the end, my legs were mildly tired but not bad - I think I was just tired from running lapse round the track. I ran 8.22 miles at a pace of 13'10"/mile and it took me 1:48 minutes (I love my Ipod!!!) When I finished my 12th lap of the track I hit the button on the Ipod and it said that I only did 7.88 miles or something like that. Then I was not happy - I was kinda mad at the Ipod - so I said heck I'll show it - I'll lap again and another 1/2 around and then I stopped.

That was the good part of the day.... While I ran I thought - I'm running off the rich pasta I had last night and I'm not hungery and my protein bar was enough. But then throughtout today I tracked everything I bit into....that to is good. The bad thing is that I went way way over my daily points!!! I thought during my run that I would not eat much until dinner but that did not happen. I counted everything and I mean everything... I'm finding tracking easy with the computer. I ate healthy and measured everything. Just by the end of the day everything added up!!! - too much!!! So thank God tomorrow is a new day and I'm tracking and learning.

So I did buy an Iphone and gave Joanne an early birthday gift - her phone number is 203-788-7113 (she is under our plan - call her she'll get a kick out of it - but since she knows she is limited in minutes and texting her phone was mostly off all day today!!!) Anyway, I'm having trouble getting WW to load onto my Iphone and the songs I downloaded off the computer to go onto my Ipod. When I do get technically smart...I'll be running to all kinds of music and most importantly constantly and consistantly tracking what I'm eating. Now I just have to STOP EATING!!! (One bit of rationalizing - I am just about to get my little friend and that is when I always notice my appetite to increase - I know TMI!!!)

I think this is a never ending Quest. Forever now, Questing to be my Best...Mia

5 comments:

  1. Wow ! Mia! 8.2 miles! GREAT! You are so ready for this race! How exciting! I-Phone! Fancy! Once you get it up and running, we can plan Scrabble together --- I just learned how... "Words with Friends" is the free "ap"....
    Anyway, great job with tracking too! It's so hard to track everything! It's over half the battle, I think! I will definitely text Joanne....she must be in heaven!
    Oh, also....do you give yourself activity points for working out? Now that you are running so many miles per week, your body NEEDS more calories (protein especially) so your body may just be telling you what you need! I actually drink whey protein shakes (120 calories each - 2 points) right after I run to replenish my body...
    Love you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why my comment is not showing up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I don't count the exercise points. Now, I'll just eat more protein than carbs. I got 3 days only to undo any damage from this weekend...I just stopped typing and went to weight myself...not bad I still am down 10% (under 200lbs) so may be it will be O.K. Thank goodness for the running. But mentally I need my body to know that I can't just eat, eat, eat so I must track, track, track. I'm gonna be real good today and make up for yesterday. Do you have an Iphone do you know how to work it??? I'm gonna go try to figure it out now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You girls are up WAY too early!!!! Congratulations to you both on your running and your weigh ins! ...and as far as the iphone goes, FAR too much technical for me! I barely have phone reception on some days!
    love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. NOTE TO ALL... I just posted my comment above at 11:39 AM and it says that I wrote at 6:19 AM so maybe Mia and Elizabeth didn't really post at 5 AM! ...or maybe they did!

    ReplyDelete