Our Healthy and Fit Family


Saturday, January 30, 2010

BodyPumping and Watching the Numbers!!!

Glad I joined the gym. Went to a new class today at the gym...BodyPumping. It is an hour of lifting weights in different routines to music. It does all the muscle groups. It will be good for me because I would never do such a thing on my own. We had 3 different size weights to use - for most of the class I used the smallest weights!!! When it came to doing push ups well lets just say I did one for every 6 they did!!! Since it was a new class being introduced to the gym members, the room was all decorated and they gave every participant a bottle of Poland Spring water, a power bar (it was not good), a free pass for a friend and then I won a gift certificate because under my platform (used to lay back on and raise weights above our bodies) was a certificate for a free manicure at a local nail business. Then to get my jogging in and to see for myself that I can still do it - I jogged (mostly at 3.7) for 3 miles and walked a half mile. My friend and the instructor for the class came up to me and we talked about jogging and she commented "your just taking it nice and easy". So I said "Oh Yes" - weck I has not about to tell her "No this is my speed!!!" Afterwards, I finally did what I have been planning to do since I started the gym - I had the owner of the gym measure my body mass with a machine. On May 1, 2010 I plan on returning to the gym to have it measured again...then I'll share the numbers with you. Oh, I had to have my blood work done again. I have been taking the 6MP since last Wed. (except for last weekend - I don't mix medicine and alcohol) anyway my glucose went down 9 points but my liver enzymes did go up a hair (one 3 points and the other 7 points). My WBC and liver enzymes are the ones I watch carefully. My WBC went up 0.5 points (only concerned about a decrease). I have to have my blood work done every week x4, then every 2 weeks then every 2 months. So it will be interesting to watch these numbers too. Well, that is my update. At one point today when I checked in with Doug and he told me how cold it is in Maine on the ski mountain I said to myself maybe I should keep the bodyfat until after I get back from Maine...I don't have very warm ski clothes (since I don't fit into anything real good and won't spend $$ on new ski pants)!!! Don't worry - I won't.....I mean I won't keep the bodyfat....but I am contemplating looking into LLBean ski pants or as Doug suggested hanging out in the beautiful Maine ski lodge!!! Later!!!

2 comments:

  1. Mia, you are wonderful - You are really working hard - don't get discouraged if wt #'s dont go down as fast a you would like! You are getting healthier and will see results. Keep up the good work - stay healthy!!! and keep warm in ME. Watch youself and the girls for frostbite! Will talk soon. lOVE YOU Mom PS - right up your alley - the manicure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Mia I want to join your gym!! So fun!! You are so ready for the official training to begin! Great job! The weight class sounds like a lot of fun too! It will help your jogging become easier ! I finAlly went to the doc. They put silver nitrate (ouch) on the large area that wasn't healing (where I tore from
    my nine pounder) hopefully that will help the discomfort I was experiencing but they still have no idea why I was bleeding so much so... Oh well. I walked 6/7 days this week- all with Kieran 3.0 - 3.2 speed I am hoping to get faster next week!! Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete