I purchased a new scale yesterday - and re-weighed myself -
This new scale has a body fat calculation...and water percentage...
I have a new number to work with - 178.0
and a big number I have to work down...37.3 %
I'm considered "obese" according to their standards.
Surprisingly, I took it quite well --(meaning I didn't burst into tears to find myself obese).
I just will join the rest of the obese Americans...
but hopefully will work that down...
Maybe it's all in the boobs?
ha ha...I wish...
On another note - this is kinda a funny story...
There is an older man in our neighborhood - he seems to be a quite simple man - I believe he works as a grounds keeper for some of the buildings around here because I always see him sweeping and raking and trimming bushes - anyway, he always says hello to me and Salsa. He calls us "Miss America One and Miss America Two"...then he always says to me, "Have a day.." and then he pauses, as if to think, and then continues, "as beautiful as you are".
Well, anyway, that is the routine. I see him usually once a week. He's not creepy, just friendly and kinda a cute old man.
Yesterday, walking in with the baby and the new scale, he saw me and said his classic line of "have a day as beautiful as you are"....then he stopped me and said, "I notice you have a scale..." "yes" I replied, waiting to see what would happen next...then he said, "well, I want you to be happy and healthy...but I have always thought you have a nice figure anyway"...and he walked away.
"thank you" I replied...kinda stunned...and then went along my way.
I love that story! Man you meet the best people!
ReplyDeleteElaybay. Keep up the good work. I know it can be discouraging when you can't exercise, but you will get there.
I like your rule of only stepping on a scale 1x per week. This is what I do as well.
anyways, keep up the good work sister!!!!!
Yes, Elizabeth great story and you are doing wonderfully. I'm have not exercised much this week because Mark's mother is here and I don't want to be rude and spend hours away from the house. But I did get out on Mon. only jogged around the track for a mile being careful not to slip on the melting snow. I'm scared that I've fallen backwards too because the jog was a bit harder. I only had time for 1 mile. I'll go to the gym tomorrow for a class and treadmill work. I had my colonoscopy on Fri so I had frozen yogurt the day before and had not gotten back on track. Today was my best day but I did not track....Wed. Thurs and Fri and Sat I will. I'll be soo depressed if I don't loose anything this week but it is my own fault. Had 2 oreos tonight plus some cheese and crackers for a snack this afternoon. I do have active inflammation of about a foot of my large intestine so the doc. is putting me back on the drug 6mp. It is a chemo drug but can cause leukemia in 4 out of 10,000 people but doc also said if not taking the drug I still had a 2 out of 10,000 chance of getting leukemia. I've been on the drug before and stopped it. If I don't take it and don't heal I could get obstructed leading to surgery and it is the drug with the least side effects. So I most likely will take it and leave it in God's hands. Loosing weight will help me feel better so tomorrow I will track. Elizabeth if you remember call me at 4pm and ask if I tracked. Got to kick myself in the butt!!!! I'm signing off and going to email your bro/son about 6mp - just wondering what he thinks.
ReplyDeleteHello all! This is elizabeth writing for nana who is joining us as of today - she has a new goal of 140.
ReplyDelete