Our Healthy and Fit Family


Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Recipe I tried...

So, last night I cooked dinner with the help of Stevie and we made three things from a Weight Watcher recipe book-
The first was stuffed portabella mushrooms, which I have made in the past.
The next was ginger stir-fried green beans - which were great!! They were simple - lightly cook the green beans, then saute chopped up garlic (2 cloves) and ginger (2 tbsp) in a little bit of oil (2 tsp)...then add the green beans, 1/2 tsp. of seasame oil and 2 tsp. of soy sauce.....so delicious!
And then I made a zuchinni chocolate cake from the WW book ---
That was questionable....but I can't blame the recipe -- here were some of the issues I encountered:
The recipe called for 2 cups of zuchinni - I had one little zuchinni and one yellow squash...I used them...
The recipe called for 1/2 cup of egg substitute - I didn't have that - I used 2 eggs
The recipe called for baking soda --- I had that, but it's probably 2 years old - does that go bad? Because the cake did not rise very much at all....
In the end, I'm not a very good baker, as you can see, so I threw some icing on the top to make it taste better....wah lah! A better taste and a little less healthy.... :) oh well.
So far so good this week...We have a guest in for the weekend (our Brasilian brother Cristiano), so I hope I can stay healthy!
Love to you all!

2 comments:

  1. The first two are great recipes....I'll try them sometime soon. Thanks for your motivation!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW THOSE SOUND AMAZING!!!! maybe I am just board and hungry as my work day is winding down...but they sound excellent.

    PS I love being able to do this at work! <3

    ReplyDelete