The contest is entirely with yourself -- you set a goal of weight loss to reach by May 8th, running date for the 1/2 marathon in Indianapolis.
Along with it, set a "prize amount" for yourself if you reach this goal - for example, I will award myself $100 of clothes shopping money if I reach my goal (I never buy clothes, so this would be a really big deal!)
Then, be sure to weigh in on a weekly basis and post your loss on the site. You are welcome to post other things as well - like recipes, ideas, encouragement (I will need it!), and journals of your running workouts....
Best of luck!
To participate in the blog:
ReplyDeleteFirst click "Follow" up in the top right corner. It will ask you to sign in using an account -- at the bottom it says something like "create your own gmail account" - this is what you will have to do - don't worry, it's free, and you never have to actually check your gmail account --- just follow the instructions and then when there are posts, all you will do is click on the "comment" word and leave your comment - where it says "comment as" you will click "google account" and type in the account information that you just created....call me with questions!
Well I am in!! I think I joined correctly. Not sure about the privacy stuff??? Anyway my goal is the same as yours, but since I won't be able to make it out to the run in May I will keep going until August!!! 5 pounds per month!!! BTW it wouldn't let me upload any of my pictures of myself...too big a file?? I will keep trying!!! Thanks for doing this!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!
ReplyDeleteI'M IN!!! Fourth time typing this - I guess I don't know how to do it...if this works will write more later....
ReplyDeleteO.K....maybe I got this... Thanks so much for doing this Elizabeth..this will get me and keep me motivated. I'm still a member of WW but have not been going or eating wisely for 3 weeks. And because of the weather and holidays I worked out maybe once a week if that!!! I am joining a local gym tomorrow with my friend for 3-4 months. Elizabeth did you workout in the cold??? Or do you use a treadmill??? My goal is 2 pounds/week and at least 20 by May 8th. My gift to self is to stay healthy and a spa treatment or a gem around my neck!!!
ReplyDeleteI sign in and then I'm brought to a dashboard page that I don't know what to do with???? Anyway...althought I have not been perfect on my diet I'll go to WW tomorrow and that will be my starting weight. Today I went to my new gym and took a cardio/weight lifting class. I knew the woman teaching the class and it was fun!!! Did I tell ya all I got suckered into joining the gym for a year but it was a good deal and I do like taking aerobic class and they have yoga and spinning classes. Carroll said she joined the blog but I don't see her message so maybe she is having trouble blogging like me!!! I'll email her and check...later
ReplyDeleteThanks maybe I'll get this correct the first time!!!! Went to WW today - all I'll say is boy I gained weight over the Holiday (I did not think as much as they said!!!). That will be my starting weight and I'll begin from here. My legs are sure aching today after that aerobic class last night. Did the eliptical at home today so I don't feel guilty about my toy in the basement and joining the gym and Mark won't complain but honestly just so my knees got a good rotation exercise. Carroll where is your blog???? Thanks for the help Elizabeth.
ReplyDeleteYou are too funny Elizabeth!!! And you are correct or I'm like you....I eat because I like food....I like certain food with my coffee. But I do find that if I'm busy, busy,busy I can not eat but when I do I eat too much. I have to give my mind other things to think about and at the same time think of just being healthy and behaving like a healthy person. Went night skiing last night it was a blast..and a blast of cold air. I have a headache today (but I did not have a drop of alcohol last night) so I realized it must be a dehydration headache!!!! So that is not healthy ..I have to go and drink aqua. My laptop has a bad virus so I may not write for awhile but I will by next Thursday after WW.
ReplyDeleteOoh virus- not good- Mia, just FYI you are writing your comments on the old blog entry- when you comment make sure you just only scroll down and hit the word comment that is directly after the days blog- that way everyone will read it!
ReplyDeleteHello everyone!
ReplyDeleteI don't have goals concerning weightloss/excercising for the moment...only getting into grad schools/summer festivals/orchestras...so I'll have to work on that. Love you all!
So Mia and I have figured out my dilemma, I have been writing to myself on my own blog!!!Who needs that!!I guess I am the only one who needs to listen to me!!!!
ReplyDelete