Our Healthy and Fit Family


Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Figuring It Out and Setting Goals

Hi everyone I am trying out what Mary Carroll said to do . I did not find the "New Post" until I signed in. Anyway I figured out that I'm no Latin Dancer!!! Went to the gym and the cardiofit class I was going to take had a sub for a teacher and she did a Zumba class instead. I wanted to try a Zumba class. A Zumba class is aerobic excerise to latin music...it was fun. But I did not have the smooth latin way to swing the hips (what hips?!?!?) and cha, cha, cha!!!! I also figured out with the help of Carroll and Terry that I should increase the intensity of my workouts. So since Zumba was not too intense I went on the treadmil afterward to see what it feels like to do a "6.0" on a treadmill (all I have done is 3.8). What a big difference going from 3.8 up to 5.0....felt like I could and would fall off!!!!! I held on to the handles and seconds later got off the machine!!! I called to tell Terry that I am impressed and with her figured out that if I could just increase my pace to 4.0 I would be doing a 15 minute mile and could finish the Miniindi in 3 hours. Well for now that is my short term goal - to increase my treadmill pace to 4.0 and then to keep it at 4.0 (or better). At a pace of 4.0 I would finish the Mini-Indi in 3 hours!!!! Later!!! Love to all.

2 comments:

  1. Mia, you are awesome to try the Zumba class! Sounds like so much fun! Was it a workout? 5.0 is the max that I jog on the treadmill -- well, it WAS the max - now I'm walking at 3.0 if I have Kieran attached to the front of me and 3.5 if not. So, yes, 4.0 is a great goal....besides, I think that people naturally jog faster on their own and slower on the treadmill.....3 hours is a great goal! Thanks for keeping up the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your motivation. The Zumba class will be more of a workout once I learn more of the moves. We worked with the big balls and did crunches etc (my friend says it used your core muscles - those are ones I never knew I had - is that the correct term??) The ball part of the class was very hard...I'm very weak. I think you are correct because I do think I run fast on the ground...more spring forward in the step - right?

    ReplyDelete