Does the title sum it up for you!!! I did the Kent, CT Pumpkin Run today. It was a 5 mile run on the beautiful country roads but with one very steep uphill and another very, very long gradual uphill. Thank goodness the hills were in the first 2.5 - 3 miles - so the end was downhill and then flat. I thought before I went that I would walk if I had to (and I did take maybe 20 steps because going uphill my jog was at that point a walk - so I walked!!!)but I did run the rest of it. My official time was 56 minutes and 51 seconds for a pace of 11'23"/mile. But they had the cheap timing system (all done manually - no pad to step on). My IPod said that I did it in 57'37" at a pace of 11'33"/mile. What supprized me was that my time for this hilly run was just a bit slower than Al's Run in WI (with a time of 56'24"). Another suprize I had was that I was only 8 minutes slower than Elena's and Joanne's Social Studies teacher who is a male and 12 years younger than I!!! My left leg/foot feels fine and the swelling I had in my foot has improved greatly.
Now a short note on the bad news.... I gained at WW this weekend. I have not tracked and have been eating salty food and too much food. But as I commented to Elizabeth - I'll work hard on changing that because it does not feel good (mentally and physically) and it does make running harder. My friend and I are going back to weighing in at work on Mondays so that should help me stay on course over the weekends. Looking forward to a healthier week for us all!
No comments:
Post a Comment