Our Healthy and Fit Family


Sunday, October 24, 2010

New Plan for tracking

So, after some thought about how to get this weight released, I have decided to have a new plan for tracking...
I am allowed a total of 32 points because of nursing.
I'm not going to use all of them, I decided, because I'm not nursing as much as I used to be.
So, I'm going to use 25 points per day.
I'm going to allow myself one cheat meal per week.
I'm going to divide up my points per meal so that each meal is a separate occasion
(what I find, with my attitude, is that if I blow it for one meal, I often "give up" for the day....with this new plan, I'm basically "starting over" for each meal)
breakfast allotment - 5 points
snack - 2 points
lunch - 8 points
snack - 2 points
dinner - 8 points
the tricky part will be sticking to the snack allotment -- 3 pm to 4 pm is a really "munchy" time for me...

How is everyone else doing?
love you!
elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth - You probably won't like my comment but - After 6+ years (this time) I have learned that for me: I'm allowed 18 pts. to loose wt. I have to stay just below 18 pts a day!
    I (when I am losing) have an orange (1pt) and cereal 3/4 cup with 1/2 c skim milk (I count this as 3pts) Total = 4 pts.
    Black coffee. = Breakfast 4pts.
    Lunch - an apple (1 or 2 pts depending on size) 1/2 c cottage cheese or yogurt = 2 pts. Total 4 pts.
    Dinner - If I have a martini I count it as 3 pts. Meat or fish - 4-5 pts? Veggie = 0 Salad ( my dressing is raspberry or balsamic vinegar) = 0 pts Total 8 pts

    Breakfast = 4 pts
    Lunch = 4 pts
    Dinner = 8 pts

    Total for the day = 16 pts - so I may have 1/2 c fat free ice cream = 2pts = 18 pts.
    It is really not much - but it is the only way I can lose!!
    I can't afford snacks and for me it is not a good habit to get into. Once in a while I have one or two pretzel rods = 2 pts.
    I always count on the higher amt when counting points if I am not sure!!

    It is not easy - and I am hungry - but I like the way I feel when I am losing!!

    You will do it! I've been a it for 68 years (off and on) So just stick with it - you are not alone!!

    Love you, can't wait to see you. L&K, Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth,
    I am right there with you!!! I say I will track and I start but I don't finish. Today I cleared the path to my scale - I think that will help. And like you, I start anew each day, each week. I feel a big enough difference with gaining a smallish amount of weight so I'm focusing on that and reminding myself not to eat and in the long run I'll feel better. My newest plan is to seriously track Mon - Fri, go weekly to WW (lately I have missed a few), drink more water, start remeasuring my carbs, and run at least 3 miles when I go to run. I wanted to answer you before it is too late...but I will blog my own entry later. Hang in there, Mia

    ReplyDelete