Our Healthy and Fit Family


Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Al's Run 2010

Thank you, Terry and Elizabeth for your kind words. I did not really do less than 11 minute miles. My official time was 56 minutes and 24 seconds. Honestly, before the run I did not really set a goal...since I gained some weight I had hoped I would have felt a bit more "fit". I had other thoughts on my mind that morning...about the rest of my family and if they were enjoying their day; and honestly I was thinking I wanted to compare my pictures of 2009 and 2010 and I hope I'm not disappointed (so vain!!!). It was not until halfway into the run that I decided that I just wanted to do better than the previous year. And thanks to Terry's and Frank's ongoing distraction and encouragement - I DID!!! Terry and Frank, again this year stayed right by my side, running with me and making endless conversation that I could listen to or join in on to help me keep my mind off the heat and miles yet to go. At the last half mile they really got me focused on picking up or keeping my pace and making sure I did do my personal best.

I figure my pace was at 11'248" mile. I calculated that I shaved off 6 or 7 minutes off my last years time of 1:03:30. While training for the run, my average pace was about 11'30"ish. So I'm happy - it is neat to see the difference a year of running makes. And more than doing my personal best run - I just wanted to repeat the fun I had a year ago with the Shermans and my sisters (even if they all could not go) and to share the experience with Mark, Joanne and Elena!

On Monday, Terry and I ran again. Again a warm morning. I told Terry that my energy level was not where I would have liked it to be. Again, I blame it on the weight I have gained. So that will change - starting now!!!

Once more, Terry and Elizabeth Thanks!!! Elizabeth, enjoy your next run - and party!!! I would say save me some chocolate but don't - just have a nibble for me!!! Thanks, Mom for your encouragement too. Looking forward to more running in the leaves and cooler air!!!

3 comments:

  1. I can not BELIEVE you went on a run on Monday --- you are AMAZING! Mia, we will get back into tracking -- let's make it our goal this week - even if we don't eat perfectly, let's track EVERYTHING! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.K.
    Can we start tomorrow!!! I did not track today!!! OOOps! But I ran 4 miles with lots of hills (but not as fast)! I promise I'll track Thursday and Friday and maybe on the weekend too and better next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth and Mia - you two are killing me!!!
    I have not been tracking - but I sure as -you know what - I will now. You two are GREAT!!!!
    Love you both - keep up the good work!!!
    Mom, Nana

    ReplyDelete