Our Healthy and Fit Family


Sunday, February 21, 2010

One Day At A Time

What happened??? The blog went PINK!!! Are we thinking of having a girl or running for breast cancer???? Elizabeth, great you ran 3 miles you should be happy you have not done that yet - right? I'm sure with your experience once you can you will! I'm just taking one day at a time. Really, I look at the schedule each day and say "that is what I have to do today". I am going to change some of the days within the weeks to fit my schedule better. Friday was a rest day for me - I needed it because my lower left ankle was hurting, not sure why? Saturday I cross trained -did the elliptical for 45 minutes. This weekend I had a pediatric life saving class to attend,so I got to the gym one hour before it closed with four miles to run. I did think about running outside on the track because the weather was in the mid-40s but the wind kept me inside. So I had to finish in an hour. I kept the pace at a 15 min mile (4.0) and sometimes ran at 4.2 or 4.4 for a few minutes. I did 1.44 miles on one machine and then the machine stopped on me (I think I hit a button by mistake). I stopped and lost my momentum so instead of wasting time trying to figure out what happened I switched to another machine and did 2.6 miles running and about 0.2 walking before the lights went out. Lets just keep on keeping on and enjoy it!!

2 comments:

  1. Mia! Great job! You are really keeping up! Yeah, the pink, well, I just like to "switch it up" and thought this was bright- reminded me of the spring, which I am hoping comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work mia!!! I hate when my treadmill decided to just stop on me...It totally looses your momentum. I know most treadmills only let you run for 60 min at gyms so they turn off after 60, which really stinks cause sometimes you want to quit at that point but you gotta push your self to keep going! keep up the good work!!!!

    ReplyDelete