Hope all of you will be cheering for the good guys! FYI that would be the PACKERS!
Meantime, just reporting in that I completed 20 miles this week! I managed to run the last four at 6.3 (miles/hour) with a heartrate of 132. Progress! I was busy at a retreat all week (in the mornings) so I was not able to make my usual yoga class, but I did go once and I swam and played raquetball. Now I realize that it is an extreme luxury to be able to spend so much time in the gym... Retirement you know! This is the benefit of the grey hair, wrinkles and having adult offspring (with adult crisises!)
The only problem with retirement is having your very competitive almost retired husband who is cheering for the BEARS hit you in the side of the head with the ball!) We have a few kinks to work out!
On a final note, after much thought, I have decide to start the cholesterol medication. I debated really hard on this one, being someone who does not want to take meds, but I look at mom and dad who have taken it for years without problems. I considered that they are blessed with good health and able to enjoy their life together. I thought about the fact that maybe I don't need it, but since the negatives are minimal, I would feel horrible if I should have a problem which would create a situation (stroke or heart attack) where Frank or the kids would have to take care of me because I was too stubborn to try. So, I'll let you know after my next physical to see if it helps!
ok ok packers win....i'll be cheering for them in the superbowl...
ReplyDeleteon another note, great job keeping up with running! i'm so impressed!