OK, so I haven't blogged, because I wasn't so clear about what my new years goals should be... But I decided so here goes: I hope to run between 15 and 20 miles per week. I'm having a hard time starting back up on the treadmill - maybe because I am setting it too fast, maybe because I just need to get back in shape! Anyways, so far this week I have done 6 miles and I will go do more today. I also intend to keep up with my yoga 2x/week and will push myself to try swimming at least once a week. I know you all say I "am not allowed" to lose weight, but I would like to shed just a few!
My niece Monica has challenged the entire Sherman clan to lose weight and sited how 1 pound of excess weight puts something like 8 pounds of added pressure on knees and other joints. Not to mention other health concerns!
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
I thought that I posted a comment a while ago - but I don't see it here. So I'm trying again. - Just wanted to agree with Monica - I had read that 1 lb = 5 lbs on your knees. And I can sort of attest to that brcause when I drop just one or two pounds my knee feels much better. L&K, Mom
ReplyDelete