Our Healthy and Fit Family


Thursday, December 9, 2010

Mia's WW Day - New Goals

Well of course you know what happened - I gained more than I am willing to tell. I will be happy to tell you about WW. The point system is totally different in the way they are calculated...besides calculating in Fat, Fiber, and Calories it now takes into account protein and carbs for each food. So you have to calculate each food. Since I do it on line and on my Iphone I have the calculator already and it will not be too different for me. Mom, you will have to buy a PointsPlus Calculator and they suggest recalculating all foods because it has changed. I have spent time on the WW website reading the science behind the new WW idea/system. It seems more inclusive way to track foods and it allows one to feel more satisfied. You feel more satisfied because they give you more points (and most fruits and veggies are 0 points). So a banana for breakfast at 2 points before is 0 points now and that is better because I have more points for something else. But they stress correct portions and filling foods. Lowest point allowance is 29 (most people get 29 points) but some get more. And the extra points per week are 49!!!!! It seems like more points but they warn that food items have also gone up in points (but not fruits and veggies). My leader says you got to leave the old system and stick with the new and she has seen great results in the first week or so. So I am not sure how to follow WW if you don't go.

I have not heard of the things Carroll speeks of but if you all want to put $$ in a pot and you think that will help - I'm in. It did help me at work but what helps more is each other asking each other how we are doing (making each other accountable)and encouraging each other....in other words BLOG weekly (like going to a weekly meeting!!!)

My New Goals:
1. Track at least 5 out of 7 days (and try to improve this)
2. Attend WW meetings weekly
3. Loss 1 - 2 pounds a week
4. 3 mile runs 2 to 3 times a week with a longer run on weekend (keeping week runs about 45 minutes and weekend runs about an hour - so not too much time away from home.
5. Elliptical, Bodypump Class, or skiing on days not running

1 comment:

  1. mia,
    goals look great and great job going back to a WW meeting - that's a HUGE step! i look forward to keeping each other accountable!

    ReplyDelete