Our Healthy and Fit Family


Wednesday, March 30, 2011

success...

Kieran has now been going to bed without nursing for 5 nights in a row!! While he still asks to nurse quite often, especially when we are in my bedroom, he is taking it quite well when I tell him nursing is "all done" and I offer him some other treat or game. He has only had one melt down!

As for my 12 week appointment, it went well and while I promise not to eat a whole cheesecake again, I am happy to announce that since the start of my pregnancy, I have only gained 1.5 pounds....good, because I am not really gaining any weight due to baby yet! Last time around, I had already gained 8 or so pounds by now!

Anyway, I'm off to take a nap....
Any name ideas? Accepting all name entries as possibilities!

love, e

2 comments:

  1. I posted this blog entry too soon. Today was quite difficult. I don't think Kieran felt well. So, about every two minutes today (except when we were driving in the car, when he asked about every 20 seconds), Kieran called out my name "mama" and then would sign for "milk". It was torture. When I heard about the story of Timmy and Carroll at the end of nursing, I thought it was a pretty funny story....now it's heartbreaking....how quickly your viewpoint changes things.....Carroll Ann, I really don't know how you dealt with it. Today, I was in tears twice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth - please don't worry about weaning Kieran - He is just testing to make sure that you still love him - even tho you are not nursing - just keep assuring him that you do love him - lots of hugs and kisses etc He'll get the message that you are good for other things except milk! Be strong- you're the Mom L&K, Nana (2)

    ReplyDelete