Our Healthy and Fit Family


Friday, February 11, 2011

How's it going?

So, how is everyone doing? The cold and snow have definitely put a damper on getting outside to run, but thankfully I have been able to run in the gym and at Elizabeth and Paul's exercise room! This week I did manage to get my 16 miles in and am now up running at 6.5 (miles/hour I think). I haven't played any raquetball since I took one in the ear playing with Frank, but I did get to yoga today and I swam yesterday. I have to find out how many laps it takes to swim 1/4 mile.... Don't ask my why I chose 1/4 mile other than it sounds reasonable and any further sounds like it's too much!
I've been taking my statin for almost 1 month now and it hasn't caused any problems that I can tell. I will continue and then schedule a physical where hopefully they will do bloodwork and tell me if this is making a difference.
Meantime, when I was in Seattle Steve adjusted me and said that my chiropractor is doing a good job! I'm sure that between the exercise and regular adjustments it's been keeping me healthy!
Quest on everyone! ...and stay warm!

1 comment:

  1. Terry, Will you please take it easy!! Our pool is 36ft. long - I consider one lap to be stairs to diving board end AND back to stairs = 1 lap
    18.3 laps = 1/4 mile!!
    5280 ft in one mile - so 36ft x2 (down and back) = 72ft
    1/4 mile = 1320ft
    1320 ft / 72 = 18.3
    I used to do it - this past summer I think I got to 15 laps.

    Have fun but be careful.
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete