Time flies... especially these days! Not sure if it's because life is much busier, but it is all good! ...except for the fact that I have not been very good about my quest! I have to admit that the warm weather totally de-motivates me in terms of exercising. Why do you think we moved NORTH?!!! Having Dana home for two weeks really helped as I did get out and run with her, but honestly - I'd rather be working in the garden than running in the heat. I know this is hard for my sisters to believe and must be even harder for mom to believe since I probably spent a fair amount of time during my childhood complaining about weeding, but my daughters who have been here can testify to the fact that I love being in the garden these days. I'm hoping that our reunion gets us all back on track although I am NOT looking forward to trying to run in the heat of the OBX. Maybe we should do aerobics in the pool!
See you all real soon!
Well, I have to confess after I told Mom I was not running in the heat - I did. Actually today there was a little breeze at the track (it is at a higher elevation). I did my bodypump class and then jogged 2 miles and then 1 mile more with my friend (but there was a breeze and the sun was behind clouds.) And I like to sweat but I don't like sweating while weeding because the dirt sticks to you and the sweat goes done into your eyes and you are not moving so there is no cool breeze!!! Besides, I'm not good at weeding - but I can offer Mark (he is real good at it!!!!) I called the plastic surgeon today and I can sweat all I want and swim underwater but I have to cover up the nose from the sun. I'm going to try to run in the mornings at OBX (I'll get up early and if I have to I'll nap during the day)!!! Count me in for water aerobics with my big hat on!!!
ReplyDelete