Our Healthy and Fit Family


Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Another week down...a recipe to share...

Lost 2.2 pounds this past week.  I found myself a bit hungry at times, but overall doing well because I get a lot of points because I'm nursing Hazel.  I am starting to see a difference in my body and how my clothes look on me, but not a huge difference.  I'm feeling a bit better about myself, which gives me the motivation to keep it up.  I bought little chocolates (1 point each) so that I don't feel deprived after my meals.  It seems to work well for me.

This week I wanted to share a recipe with everyone:..from Weight Watchers
It's honestly one of the best crock pot meals I have ever made, it was sooo delicious!

Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Pork

16 oz lean pork loin  (I used boneless pork loin chops about 1/2 inch thick)
2 medium onions, chopped
2 ribs celery, chopped
1 green pepper, sliced
14.5 oz. stewed tomatoes
1/2 C ketchup
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp Worchester sauce
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 beef bullion cube
Put all in the crock pot together.  Cook on low for 5 1/2 hours.
Then, in separate bowl, mix together 2 Tbsp Cornstarch and 2 Tbsp cold water
Mix into the crock pot and set on high for 1/2 hour.
Serve over rice or noodles...I did rice.
Serves 4.
Points: 7  (not including the rice/noodles)

I highly recommend it!

1 comment: